This is a bit late, I know...

Well, that's my bad. Guess I'm not as good at maintaining a strict posting schedule as I thought.

Anyway, I've been doing well. School is now officially over, and we're in summer vacation now. My host sister recently celebrated her 18th birthday, and she invited her friends over, along with some of mine. So that was fun.

She also graduated from secondary school, so this coming school year is gonna have a different schedule that we are all going to have to get used to.

I also tried making chocolate chip pancakes for my family one morning.

I learned that it can be kinda hard to cook certain American foods with American measurements in an Argentine kitchen with Argentine ingredients. Although they don't look too horrible.

I went with my family to the one Walmart in Parana when we needed to buy sweets and food for the house and for Christmas. It felt very strange driving into a huge parking lot and walking into an even bigger store. It was very familiar to me, coming from the US, which is ironically what made it so strange.

I also helped my host mom make gnocchi for dinner one night. My arms got sore afterwards, which is probably not a good sign. They tasted delicious, though.

Life in Parana isn't always exciting, but I think I prefer it that way. The culture shift can be overwhelming at times, so it's nice to have a period where I'm not in an uncomfortable situation all the time. I enjoy spending time at home with my family, swimming in the pool, watching Netflix, and chowing down on bizcochos and tortas fritas.
I'm probably not going to be posting very often on this blog anymore. Instead, I'm working on a few videos about my life here, which I'll be posting to YouTube. I got inspired by Jazmin (my wonderful sister from Ushuaia), who made some awesome videos about life in the US. If you want to watch them, her channel is here: YouTube
My favorite video of hers is this one: Como Vive Una Argentina En Estados Unidos :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is most definitely a comprehensive list of all cultural differences between Argentina and the US (that I've noticed so far)