The Food

Okay, so, the food. It's amazing. It's much better than food in the US, and way cheaper too. For example, a basic hamburger here costs about 40 pesos, which translates to about one US dollar. And because Argentina has one of the best beef industries in the world, it tastes amazing too. I actually told my family last week that when I went back to the US, I would definitely miss them very much, but I would probably miss the food more.
 That's a picture of one of my first breakfasts here. In case you can't tell, that's a dulce de leche pastry with hot chocolate. Bread and bread-based foods are a staple here, common at almost every meal. My host mom has a favorite panaderĂ­a where she likes to buy the best pastries.

 Those are photos of asado, being cooked and then served. Asado is a traditional meal that happens every Sunday, where different kinds of meat are grilled for lunch or for dinner. One of my favorites is chorizo, a type of sausage. And I must say, asado, in general, is amazing, and I look forward to it every week.
 This is a photo from when I was with my class at a classmate's house, and his mom served us choripan, or chorizo with bread. Soda and different alcoholic beverages are also commonly served at meals like this.




 Those were photos of different meals I've had at home over the past week, including gnocchi, vegetables, frittata, and empanadas.
And this is a photo of cold empanadas and mini-burgers being served at the AFS survival orientation a few days ago. There will always be Tupperware meals, no matter where you go.

(Sorry about this post being a little late, I actually wrote this whole thing out a few days ago, but then it deleted itself, and I had to wait a little to try again cause I was so mad. See you next week)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

This is most definitely a comprehensive list of all cultural differences between Argentina and the US (that I've noticed so far)